Sunday 1 January 2012

New Years Desires

OK, 1.20am seems like a perfect time to complete my first post of the year.

I decided I wouldn't have resolutions but desires. Things I would like to be able to do during this year.

So here goes...





  • Get better Organised


  • Appear on the blogosphere more often


  • Make myself at least 2 personal quilts


  • Build on my me-made wardrobe


  • Complete 52 things in 52 weeks


  • Learn to manage my money better (save at least £100 a month)


  • Enter in at least 3 more swaps


  • Spend 15 minutes a night putting things away that I got out during the day




On that note I thought you would like to see my 52 things in 52 weeks list so far... This is a work in progress and is always set for a small amount of change throughout the year. Theres also quite a few gaps until I get closer to those weeks that are still blank. Some of the earlier weeks I might want to repeat, but I will keep you updated on that as we go along.







  1. Completely set up Home binder and filofax for 2012


  2. Sort out books - set any aside for donation/rehoming


  3. Tidy clothes


  4. Make one item of clothing


  5. Organise kitchen


  6. Organise fabrics


  7. Organise workroom


  8. Make one item of clothing


  9. Sort out filing


  10. Make mothers day gift


  11. Purge around home for donations


  12. Organise handbag and work bag


  13. Organise and design new filofax pages


  14. Make Three items of clothing


  15. Concentrate on personal quilt


  16. read a book


  17. Only watch 1 hour of tv a day all week


  18. Make one item of clothing


  19. Spend no money all week




  20. Concentrate on personal quilt


  21. List 5 things to sell on eBay


  22. Make two items of clothing


  23. Reorganise/rearrange workroom


  24. Make a quillow


  25. Purge through magazines


  26. Make one item of clothing


  27. Only watch 2 hour of tv a day all week




  28. Learn how to knit a pair of socks


  29. Make one christmas present


  30. Make alcohol for Christmas


  31. Make one christmas present




  32. Research into gifts for colleagues


  33. Set up new work planner










  34. Make Christmas cards/gift tags


























There you go, my list so far. I will update this and in keeping with one of my resolutions I also aim to blog about my 52 things in 52 weeks list.





Happy New Year to all of you.





Tomorrow I have a post about my Resolution of organisation and an introduction to some things I will be using to help me this year.



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your 52 things in 52 weeks :-) Trying to find the time to plan the 101 things in 1001 days is a bit of a mare, but I must do it.

    Once I've completed the 1001 days I think I may start doing 52 things in 52 weeks each year, it makes a lot of sense :o)

    Happy New Year LJx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this - I am thrilled to have learned the word 'quillow' from this post! I have wanted to make one for ages, but I didn't know that they already 'existed' as an idea. Hurray for new projects!

    ReplyDelete